Senior Backend Engineer
About The Position
Welcome to Amplio! We are a global EdTech company that helps students with special needs meet their potential. Our digital platform equips students with individualized interventions, closing learning gaps to amplify progress. We partner with US school districts, K-12 providers, and state-level agencies. If you are ambitious, believe in our mission, and thrive in fast-paced environments, we invite you to apply!
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to take full ownership of designing, developing and maintaining our product using cutting-edge technologies.
What you’ll do
- Define overall system architecture, including choosing appropriate technologies, frameworks, and patterns.
- Collaborate with Cross-functional teams to understand requirements and translate them into backend system designs and functionalities.
- Build robust and well-documented APIs to enable efficient data exchange
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize backend systems to improve response times, scalability, and resource utilization.
- Design and optimize database schemas and queries to ensure efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Implement security best practices
- Implement monitoring and logging systems to track system performance, detect errors, and debug issues.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, new technologies, and best practices in backend development.
- Other duties as assigned by management
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of experience developing large-scale web applications from a hi-tech company.
- Experience developing server-side web apps with Python, preferably with Django/FastAPI
- Experience with cloud environments (i.e. AWS, Heroku)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Self-sufficient and Self-motivated
- High proficiency in English - you will work in a multinational team
Nice to Haves:
- B.Sc in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent, or Alumni of an IDF technology unit
- Comfortable with OSx and Linux environments
- Experience with Security, Performance, and Optimization.
- Experience with CI/CD and agile methodologies
- Experience working in a dockerized environment
- Familiarity with ReactJS framework
What you’ll gain
- Competitive salary and runway for growth
- Options for stock equity within the company!
- Hybrid work environment with flexible schedules available
- Work in an environment open to personal tech initiatives
Apply for this position
Apply for this position ✕