Senior Backend Python Developer
About The Position
Welcome to Amplio! We are a global EdTech company that helps students with special needs meet their potential. Developed in partnership with parents, academia, and special education experts, our digital platform equips students with individualized, evidence-based interventions, closing learning gaps to amplify progress.
Since our solution was launched in 2019, Amplio has helped tens of thousands of students. We have partnered with some of the United States’ largest school districts, K-12 providers, and other state-level agencies. Fueled by our unwavering commitment to help all special needs students, we have grown over 10x in the last few years, and have no intention of slowing. If you are ambitious, believe in our mission, and thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments, we invite you to apply!
We’re looking for a Backend Developer to take part in various disciplines of our work.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will take full ownership of designing, developing and maintaining our product using cutting-edge technologies, work closely with an intelligent team of Developers, Product Managers, Designers and more.
This position will enable you to take a key role in further building the company, and helping millions of children around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Software Engineers, and QA to deliver cutting-edge products that delight our customers
- Own the end-to-end development process in collaboration with the larger R&D and product teams
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side microservices using Python
- Work in an agile methodology
- Own and Lead key technical development tasks, and mentor team members
- 3+ years of experience developing large-scale web applications from a hi-tech company
- 2+ years of experience developing server-side web applications with Python/Django
- Experience with cloud environment (i.e. AWS, Heroku)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Holding full ownership of the end-to-end development cycle
- Passionate about code technologies and methodology
- Self-sufficient and Self-motivated
- High proficiency in English- you will work in a multi-national team
Apply for this position
Apply for this position ✕